Monday, July 20, 2009

Nobody Like You


Hello to all our faithful readers out there.


Today’s sip from the carpenter’s cup has a little lipstick on it, because it is coming from the other half of the Brewer, his wife. My name is Leanna and I’m the one who brews the coffee for the Brewer every morning. Like you, I love to read and hear the stories and insight Troy shares with us every week


What a crazy life we live. I can tell you from first hand experience, that we are blessed to be able to do what we do. Troy and I have been married for 20 years, have 4 children of our own and have pastored Open Door Ministry for the past 15 years. We have traveled literally all the way around the world together and the best news is we love each other more today then the day we got married.


We have so many people ask us how on earth that happens. Well I’m here to tell you our secret. Troy and I have always had a lot in common, but as many of you know that’s not enough. What is enough though is the true love for God we share. We were blessed to learn at a very young age how to prioritize God in our own lives.

I know a lot of people believe if you surrender your life to the Lord and to your spouse, you lose your individuality. What you actually gain is your identity.


I can honestly say I am who I am today because of whom God and Troy are to me. I live a life most people only get to dream about or hope for. Now I’m not saying nothing ever goes wrong or we don’t have bad days, because we do. What I am saying is we not only survive those days but we overcome them. They have become fewer and fewer over the years.


Im writing this column for him today not because I’m trying to take over his job, but because he is sick and the deadline is here. As his wife, it is my privilege to help him in anyway I can which can be kinda hard when you are married to an extremely capable man. As many of you wives out there know, you don’t really realize everything your husband does until you try to do it for him but the Lord knows they don’t know what we do either. Can I hear an Amen ladies?


The wisdom I would leave with you today is this; before you criticize what someone else is doing or not doing; try to do all that they do. What one person makes look easy is difficult for someone else. No one can do what you do the way that you do it.


You are very important to the Lord and no one else was created to be just like you. So go to the Lord and be all you were created to be, because you have something to offer that none of the rest of us do.


Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.


Contact the Brewer @ www.FreshFromTheBrewer.com

No comments: