Friday, November 5, 2010

THE BIG SEARCH

I am not really a huge techno guy but I am just as addicted as anybody to email, the web, texting and basically anything Mac related. Don’t hate me if you are a PC guy and haven't left the dark side for Mac yet. Someday, you too will see the light.

No, I am not a techno guy in the since that I understand how it all works, but my life requires that get a lot of mileage out of today’s gizmos and gadgets. What’s great is that you don’t have to know how it all works to use it.

However, there are people like you and me that still hang on to a lot of the old way of doing things while trying to keep up with the new. I know you are that way not because I am extraordinarily prophetic, and by the way sometimes I am, but because you are reading a newspaper. Sherlock Holmes calls that deductive reasoning.

SEARCH ENGINES
So when I was a kid, an engine was something that made a car or an airplane move around. Today and engine is a search tool that people all over the world use to find things on the internet.

The largest search engine in the world is Google. Untold numbers of people go there everyday to find websites on anything from movies, earthquakes or currency conversions to local weather reports and high definition maps of the entire globe.

This weeks top 20 Google searches include Black Friday ads, Guy Fawkes day and the shuttle launch. People are searching and searching more than ever before.

A SEARCHING LEGACY
As a Christian, Dad, Pastor and a guy just trying to make it through life like everybody else, I spend a lot of time thinking about what I am searching for. To me, a big part of living a victorious life in Christ is knowing I must be dedicated to a life of contemplation.

There are certain things I have to have a discipline to think about. Intentional thinking is a must if I don’t want to wander around like the mental nomads of our day. Unless I want to end up like the buffalo who used to be seen in this area by the millions, I cant be a wanderer or a marauder in how I live life. So I crank up the squirrel cage between my ears and serve God in my thinking.

I think that while we are not wanderers we are certainly searchers. All of us. I also think one of the greatest things we as Christians can hand down to the generation behind us is a legacy of searching after the deep things of God.

We have to be people who constantly seek out the heart of the King.

See, Google and search engines change the definition of searching to mean that instead of searching, you go to a place that searches for you. I think people are being trained today and we need to let our non Christians friends and family know that no one can search out God for us. It is the search that qualifies you for the find.

So where ever you are at, I am here to tell you, God himself is searching and He is searching for people who are searching for Him. You don’t need an engine, just a heart that is willing to seek after His Heart.


And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart...
Acts 13:22

No comments: